IT Infrastructure Engineer - Cork
My client is a looking for a 2nd/3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer. This is a fantastic
opportunity to be a part of an established and prestigious company within their field. We are looking for
an experienced IT Infrastructure Systems Engineer to join a small IT team responsible for the corporate IT
within a medium sized company with head office in London.. The post holder will be involved with an
array of IT technologies and projects.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Provide 2nd / 3rd line service desk support services to all employees at the company, including overseas sites and remote users;
* To provide 1st and 2nd line support as needed to support staff vacations and sickness;
* Manage and implement ad hoc projects;
* Prioritise and respond in a timely way to incidents raised and resolve them to the satisfaction of the users and IT department SLA's;
* Install, upgrade and maintain hardware, software, and systems;
* Assist with research, administration, implementation and documentation of new IT applications and systems;
* Assist with business applications, systems support, backups, data integrity, security and virus protection;
* Ensure that the IT Policy is maintained consistently throughout the organisation;
* Proactively identify and troubleshoot potential support issues.
* The company operates 24x7 services and this role may be required to support out of office hours emergency support, routine maintenance, and customer services opening hours
* Experience with networking (including structured cabling);
* Expert knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2, including
* DHCP, DNS, DFS, WSUS, WDS, group policy;
* Expert knowledge of Exchange 2010 with experience of managing DAG and CAS Arrays;
Spring Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Spring Technology is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.