Financial Accountant (GAAP, IFRS)
- Full Time
A Leading Investment Banking Client based in Dublin require an accomplished Financial Accountant with a proven background within a financial services or leading accountancy firm. Strong GAAP & IFRS would be very highly desired.
This opportunity is working as a permanent consultant of Ajilon (part of the Adecco Group) with the future aim of going permanent direct with the client. Permanent minded candidates are required and will be rewarded with a strong PAYE salary, annual bonus, training & development plus lots more!
Working as part of the Finance team, the Financial Accountant role will focus on the corporate reporting and regulatory reporting for the organisations entities. The successful candidate will be responsible for the month end close process, including P&L and Balance Sheet analysis, preparation and review of regulatory returns and contributing to adhoc projects. The successful candidate will also ensure that existing key processes and controls are adhered to and upgraded as appropriate.
The Finance department operates very much on an integrated basis with the business and a key part of the broader CFO team. This position provides the right candidate with exposure to all elements of the Bank's business in terms of its products, risks and regulations.
- Monthly Financial Reporting including variance analysis and commentary
- Accuracy and maintenance of the general ledger and the resultant financial statements
- Preparation of monthly management reports
- Expense control, including vendor review and variance analysis
- Review and control of inter-company charges, transfer pricing
- Corporation tax and VAT returns
- Preparation and review of daily, monthly and quarterly regulatory reports
- Developing a deep understanding of the regulatory rules contained in the Capital requirements Directive (CRD).
- Adhoc projects - expected to include a diverse range of projects including ongoing regulatory changes and the impact to prudential reporting.
- Working with colleagues across the Group, ensuring effective collaboration, communication and development of solutions.
SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Qualified Accountant with PQE experience desirable.
- Previous experience of producing regulatory returns an advantage.
- Adaptability, focus, determination and flexibility are all key skill requirements.
- Experience of Financial Services is required including knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Good experience of complex systems, spreadsheets and databases.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
- Ability to work on own initiative in high pressurised environment and to tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Do not delay, if you are looking for a permanent/long term opportunity then this will be perfect - APPLY NOW!