Op Support Admin -Ocean
3 days left
- Full Time
To provide operational support to the Ocean department in an effective and timely manner ensuring full conformance with SLA's and defined policies & procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
*To represent the Company in a professional, respectful and courteous manner both internally and externally at all times.
*Responsible for keeping the customer fully informed on orders/bookings progression and any deviations, exceptions or changes that may arise from time to time.
*Support the operational team - organise bookings, update bookings, create files on systems, check Estimated Time of Arrival/Estimated Time Departure.
*Issue/review House Bill of Lading & Master Bill of Lading.
*Organise bookings with shipping lines / shipping agents
*Organise collections/deliveries for full container loads (FCL) and part container loads (LCL).
*Follow up with customer, agents & shipping lines/shipping agents
*Customer service support.
*To display and promote a positive work environment through respecting & supporting work colleagues in the completion of all duties as directed
*Comply fully with the defined operating procedures (SOP's) and processes
*Comply fully with the administration duties inclusive of investigating, sourcing, processing, and inputting into reports or other reports as requested in a timely and efficient manner
*Support the optimal use of Company resources through effectively resolving service related issues and/or queries while proactively reviewing the most effective approach
*Support all Continuous Improvement initiatives including cross departmental projects through proactive engagement
*Proactively support and fully comply with the Companies Health and Safety policies and procedures
* Demonstrated ability to speak and write in English fluently
* Fluent in a European language is desirable but not essential
* Good level of numeracy, literacy and Microsoft Office skills
* Previous office administration experience
* Previous experience in forwarding / shipping lines.
* Knowledge of the Logistics / Ocean Freight Industry would be an advantage
* Good Communications skills
* Professional and focused approach
* Attention to detail and conformance with defined procedures
* Customer focused and a friendly disposition
* Positive Can Do attitude
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
* Continuous strive for excellence
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Op Support Admin -Ocean
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.