Dairy Management Advisor
£35 - £45K
Roevin Engineering, part of the Adecco Group is delighted to be working alongside the worldwide leader in milking equipment for dairy farmers, making sustainable food production possible by ensuring milk quality and animal health.
This exciting, new opportunity as Dairy Management Advisor reporting to the Farm Advisory Service Manager would be home based with regular meetings in their Cardiff and Carlow (IE) offices.
In summary the successful candidate would be responsible for supporting, from a dairy herd perspective, new and existing installations in addition to delivering training to customers and dealers.
As a Herd Management Advisor, responsibility includes :
- providing advice on the profitable use of the client's Herd Management equipment (DelPro, VMS, Optimat, Body Condition Scoring, Herd Navigator).
- monitoring customer training programme for new VMSA installations and implement this through the client's dealer network.
- run Herd Management training sessions for existing customers with the focus to improve the performance of dairy farms with the correct solution
- work closely with the Solution Managers to develop the skills with the dealers to improve their knowledge and use of Herd Management tool (specifically DelPro)
- actively promote the brand and their Herd Management tools throughout allied industry by providing training and information
- TQM implementation
Although the role is home based there will be the requirement to go to the office based in Cardiff and Carlow. Also the successful candidate as Herd Management Advisor will be expected to travel overnight throughout the UK and Ireland as well as attend meetings / training globally.
Requirements necessary from the candidate :
- BSc level qualification and above in Dairy Herd Management, Animal Science or similar
- in-depth knowledge of Dairy Herd Management, animal health, bovine re-production and effects thereof on herd profitability
- detailed understanding of dairy hers KPI's, establish acceptable levels of threshold for intervention
- full clean UK licence
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
If you are interested in this novel and interesting role and are commercially aware, self motivated and a great communicator then please apply. Alternatively if you would like to know more then please don't hesitate to contact Darren at Roevin on 0161 233 1560.
Roevin acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Roevin UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Roevin. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.roevin.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement