Experience: 2 - 4 yrs. experience in a senior buyer role in a manufacturing environment. Process knowledge of mechanical component assembly, purchasing process and price negotiations. Knowledge of Power Electronics an advantage. SAP experience essential.
Skills: MS Office. Project and ERP skills essential. Capability to work in a project management team and lead supplier selection and negotiation process. Excellent communication and negotiation Skills.
Personality Requirements: Well motivated, approachable and professional individual. Outgoing flexible characteristics with distinctive ability to manage projects to deadlines, work on own initiative and assume full responsibility for supplier negotiations. Very good attendance record.
Overall basic purpose of the job:
Senior Buyer / Engineer purchasing member of a project management team responsible for co-ordination of supplier related activities for production.
Main responsibilities and duties of the job but not limited to.
1. Co-ordination of the purchasing / supplier related activities for applications.
2. Procurement market research for commodities purchased, this will include new supplier identification and benchmarking.
3. Complete contract and price negotiating with suppliers.
4. Supplier development Logistics / Quality / Technology.
5. Carry out cost reduction project in Supplier Logistics / Purchasing.
6. Implementing vendor programmes including EDI, Consignment Stock and Self Bill.
7. Support supplier escalation to resolve difficult supply issues.
8. Member of various project teams responsible for (NPI) new product introduction or other teams where purchasing involvement is required.
9. Efficient analysis of material requirements to ensure no surplus or obsolete material.
10. Maintain price and supplier information as well as PPV forecasting, price development reporting and other supplier related information on SAP.
11. Maintain vendor rating system and put improvement plans in place if required.
12. Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor / Manager.
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Senior Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.