Fwding Operative - European
* To support the European Forwarding Team with administration and operational day to day services to our customers
* To assist with the operational day to day delivery needs of our customers in the most cost efficient and effective manner
* To complete the day to day processing of all import and export bookings in line with company policy and procedures
* To provide excellent customer service to our customers by responding to customer enquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner
* To assist with the preparation of paperwork for European shipments
* To liaise with Irish and European network partners to ensure all import and export collections and deliveries are carried out on line with company procedures.
* Responsibility for monitoring that all agents are operating in line with company agreements for service levels and pricing
* Responsibility for ensuring that files are managed accordingly and that billing and costing are input and processed as per company procedures.
* Ensure departmental procedures are kept up to date and complied with at all times
* Ensure Customers agreed SOP's are in place and complied with
* Ensure all suppliers used are approved and in compliance with company policy
* To liaise with sales and finance departments to ensure that any customer issues or complaints are dealt with in a professional and timely manner
* To ensure that any specific pricing and billing are agreed and recorded when required
* To build and maintain excellent relationship management with our customers by advising them at all time as to the status of their orders and delivery of their goods
* Efficiently working in partnership with our suppliers and internal sales teams to assist in pricing for customers
* To complete any reasonable other tasks, duties and projects that may arise
* To promote a safe working environment for all
* To ensure there is full engagement with training and that there is full conformance with training methods as presented
* To support the development & implementation of initiatives that will enhance the overall efficient operation of the European Forwarding team and operations function.
* Educated to degree standard or relevant equivalent industry experience
* Previous experience in the transport industry is essential
* At least 1 -2 years customer service experience
* Ability to demonstrate strong customer service skills
* Excellent phone manner
* Excellent administration skills
* Working knowledge of European geography and transport routes
* Working knowledge of transport legislation and driver requirements
* Strong attention to detail
* Flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances is a must
* Professional and focused approach
* Proactive "Can Do" attitude
* Good Microsoft Office Skills in particular excel
* Continuous strive for excellence through process improvement practices
* Strong logical thinker with excellent planning and organisational skills.
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.