* Create new creditor and debtor accounts
* To process and send supplier invoices for approval plus undertake final approval of invoices
* Reconcile supplier statements
* Process inter-company invoices
* Undertake final approval of expenses
* Process payments to and from the bank along with reconciling bank accounts
* To send contract billing files to businesses to approve, make amendments where required, update Great Plains and run contract billing as required
* Check adhoc files received from the business, raise invoices/credits, send to the business for approval and once approved send out to customers
* Liaise with the businesses regarding any questions or queries
* Make sure customer account information is up to date
* Send out statements and chase letters, respond to all customer queries and liaise with customers regarding payment dates
* Participate in the monthly AR meeting/call with the businesses to discuss current and aged debt
* Follow up internal businesses on a weekly basis in relation to queries which are sitting with the businesses
* Keep contact with customers via telephone and email
* Ensure Credit Hound is kept up to date with all communications and queries
* Carry out month end handover in relation to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
* Implement improvements to existing processes as required
* Create good working relationships with key team members.
* Must have relevant experience within a similar role
* Strong commercial acumen and financial analysis skills
* Excellent IT skills including a high level of proficiency in Excel
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience of Microsoft Great Plains software would be an advantage.
* Highly organised and methodical
* Solution-focused, with ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
* Persistent and resilient under pressure, with a good sense of humour
* Accurate, with high attention to detail
* Good team player, yet willing to take personal responsibility for issues
* Self-motivated, resourceful and keen to learn and share knowledge
* Flexible and hardworking approach
* This role while based in Dublin, Ireland, may require some travel to UK offices.
To hear more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Naomi at: or call the branch on 018409207 for immediate consideration. Thank you.
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Accounts Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.