Senior Portuguese Technical Support Engineer
5 days left
- Full Time
Fluency in the following languages is required: Portuguese and English
Why this role?
Cool well-known company
We have some exciting new opportunities for a Support Engineer to join a team who are dynamic and passionate about business technology. Be part of a collaborative environment that adapt quickly and work together to overcome the challenges.
You will provide support and guidance on highly complex technical issues specific to databases, networks, application servers, performance, virtual environments, and ERP issues. You will assist in troubleshooting customer database issues - install, configure, upgrade, and migrate existing databases. Databases used are Oracle, SQL Server, DB2. You will be responsible for building strong relationships with both internal and external customers. You will maintain all support shared systems (virtual environments, databases, and shared instances).
Skills and accountabilities:
*Bachelor's/Master's degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Information Technology or related field
*Fluency in the following languages is required: Portuguese and English
*Professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, or developing data-driven applications connected to relational databases, XML sources, web services, big data driven backend systems.
*Must have a strong understanding of databases, understand and host JAVA and memory functions.
* Subject Matter Expert in one or more of the following areas: Database technology (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2), Java, xml, web services, Hadoop, ERP's, network architecture, database or application performance issues. Coding is not required.
* Experience with building and maintaining Big Data and Fast Data applications
*Understanding of object-oriented languages like Java, etc. and functional programming concepts.
*Familiar with Hadoop and its related eco systems.
*Experience with Unix / Linux
*Administrator of the support work centre's technical infrastructure
* Experienced in handling customer escalations
*Excellent debugging skills
*Deep understanding of and debugging experience with networking protocols.
*A strong desire to research and study new emerging technologies for consideration in future and ongoing development efforts.
* Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
*Drives positive results in Customer Experience through timely response, and positive interaction.
Please note, we are not in a position to support visas to work in Ireland.
If this is of interest, please get in touch via email Natalia.Merritt at adecco.ie.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Senior Portuguese Technical Support Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.