The Fund Accounting Department is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of daily net asset values (NAVs) for a number of complex funds investing in a wide variety of instrument types including equities, fixed and variable bonds, derivatives and emerging markets.
Provision of fund accounting/administration services:
* Ensure net asset values (NAVs) of the fund are calculated accurately and on a timely basis in accordance with business's standard procedures and timetables
* Ensure the necessary controls are in place and adhered to in order to provide accurate and timely fund accounting/administration services to our clients, investment managers, transfer agent, stock exchanges etc
* Understand the process for preparing all valuations under your management. This will include having knowledge of all control procedures in place during the preparation of the NAV and identifying any more effective controls that can be used
* Monitor the daily/weekly/monthly production schedule to ensure that valuations are completed accurately and within the client deadline
* Perform the final check and review of valuations produced under your control
* Ensure business and client standard procedures and controls are being adhered to on a daily basis by all staff under your management
* Communicate new procedures on a fund to all relevant staff
* Timely communication to Team Manager of any significant operational issues that arise
* Ensure Fund Accountants maintain daily/monthly files in a manner suitable for future review by the fund and internal auditors
* Take initiative to seek opportunities to enhance either the quality of client services or the productivity the NAV process
* Serve as the primary dedicated contact for the client on operational and client servicing issues
* Ensure client concerns/requests are addressed as soon as possible and within an agreed timetable
* Manage each Fund Accountant III's client servicing functions and ensure the client is satisfied with the service they are receiving
* Ensure all staff maintain a proactive and professional relationship with key client contacts
* Keep the Team Manager informed of client issues and their progress, highlighting to management any client concerns/complaints as a matter of urgency
* Manage the preparation of all the weekly/monthly reporting including the management information system (MIS), compliance, client and fund manager monthly information and reporting.
Work scheduling and people management:
* Plan the resourcing requirements for the funds in consultation with the Operations Manager
* Serve as a role model and mentor to staff and serve as a resource to provide adequate training as appropriate
Financial accounts/Fund audits:
* Ensure all queries from auditors or fund accounting staff are accurately and fully responded to with minimum delay
* Perform and document procedures assigned by the Operation Managers
* Ensure SAS70 requirements are implemented
* extensive experience in the funds industry
* Excellent working knowledge of NAV calculations and reviews
* In-depth experience of resolving Cash & Asset reconciliation queries
* Knowledge of accounting requirements for a wide range of financial instruments
* In-depth knowledge of Performance Fees and Complex Instruments
* Experience in preparation of board reports
* In-depth knowledge of Share Class Hedging
* Experience in resolving complex fund issues
* Demonstrated ability to plan and implement workflow requirements of a team
* Excellent knowledge of Excel
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to consistently meet deadlines
* Organisational, inter-personal and communication skills
* Report writing ability, with a high attention to detail
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Lead Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.