Leopardstown Dublin 18
My high-profile banking client is currently recruiting for a Settlements Analyst to work at their office based in Leopardstown on an initial 6-month contract
The purpose of this role is to provide timely settlement of stock loan trades approaching a corporate action event in anticipation of a higher trading volume during the EMEA dividend season. You will work closely with other Stock loan operations teams globally in support of the Stock lending desk. This will involve monitoring of trades in EMEA mature and emerging markets.
As a settlements analyst you will identify multiply trades using live internal systems, prioritise based on feedback from management, affirm the economics, report on and complete settlement. The successful candidate must ensure a high level of client service is provided to both internal and external clients, whilst complying with internal procedures, controls and external regulatory requirements. Also, the successful candidate will be working to tight deadlines in an information sharing environment.
As a settlements analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
* Ensure settlement of transactions on behalf of clients for European markets
* Taking the necessary action to ensure resolution of all failing trades
* Monitor shared inbox to ensure all queries responded to within agreed SLA
* Employ networking skills to manage your relationships with custodian, clients, relationship managers, middle office representatives and information sources.
* Work as part of a team in providing support to colleagues and ensure that the department maintains optimum performance and delivery of objectives.
* Escalation of potential risk and exposure to your Manager in a timely and efficiently manner.
* Ensure that all established procedures are followed.
As a settlements analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Prior industry experience is desirable but not essential
* Microsoft Office skills and Good numerical skills required
* Excellent organisational skills are required with the ability to prioritise workload, work accurately and efficiently under pressure.
* Flexible in your attitude and approach; have a strong desire to learn from day to day scenarios.
* Ability to work on own initiative while remaining team focused at all times.
* Proven skills to approach problems in a logical manner
* Good numerical and computer skills
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.