Corporate Trust - Trust Administrator, Global Client Administration
One of our large financial clients is currently looking for an Corporate Trust, Trust Administrator
The Trust Administrator position requires a responsible individual to process key specialized functions while ensuring compliance with all Firm and Corporate Trust policies and preferred practices.
The Trust Administrator is expected to be the department's subject matter expert for one or more processes and/or products and will report to a Team Leader. Some of the responsibilities include, but are not limited to, cash and trade processing, debt service payments, compliance monitoring and client service and communication.
The Trust Administrator should possess the ability to coordinate with all internal shared service partners, business managers, and external parties (as required). The position requires that the individual demonstrate a strong attention to detail, the ability to quickly identify and escalate problems, possess strong decision-making and organizational skills, and the ability to take initiatives and to communicate effectively with Client Service Managers, Workflow Specialists, Team Leaders, internal shared service partners and with internal and external clients.
The Trust Administrator should have strong written and oral communication skills. The individual should be proficient in the Microsoft suite of applications (Word, Excel, etc.) and will be required to become familiar with applications such as TAS/ASP, IMMS/GSP, ACS, RDARS, OLOVR, Bondholder record keeping systems, DSE, FiRRe, ORION and other product specific applications.
Essential Functions - Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Daily Administration - processes may be and are not limited to:
- Review daily activity database, research and prepare responses as applicable
- Review internal operating accounts for receipt/transfer of funds and perform daily account and cash reporting
- Monitor receipt and disbursement of funds
- Professional and timely handling of customer inquiries
- Liaison with support areas: Financial Management, Operations, Securities Clearing, Custody, DTC, Analytics, TMG, Sales, Asset Administration and others
- Update compliance reports
- Perform hypothetical scenarios for the collateral manager before GCS review
- Daily correspondence with, including but not limited to, the collateral manager, loan agents, swap counterparties, auditors, arrangers, rating agencies and investors
- Assist Client Service Managers with monthly report preparation, new deal closings, effective dates, interest payment dates, and other special events and projects
- File and submit of relevant material for the preparation on the monthly/quarterly reports including trade tickets, invoices, rate resets, factor spreadsheets, waterfall workings, and signed checklist for review
- Daily cash reconciliation
- Authenticate and verify trade instructions
- Prepare, execute and monitor settlement investments
- Execute funds transfer from/to accounts
- Daily cash reconciliation of accounts
- Ensure that all processes are in accordance with the Firm and Corporate Trust policies and preferred practices
Client Relationship Support:
- Provide support in maintaining the client relationships
- Maintain a working knowledge, as appropriate, of the accounts and applicable documents
- Ensure that inquiries, both internal and external, are addressed promptly
- Escalate issues and concerns
- This position requires strong communication skills, both internal and external, in order to correctly and efficiently process client requests.
- The Trust Administrator interacts daily with Client Service Mangers, Relationship Managers, Team Leaders, and internal shared services: settlements, wire transfer group, debt service groups, Vault, Tax and KYC Utilities as well as external investment managers, brokers and clients.