Project Engineer (Overhead Lines)
JOB ROLE - Overhead Line Project Engineer (Capital Delivery)
LOCATION - North East Region - Remote Working / Leeds
DURATION - Until End of March 2021
To lead the delivery of a number of capital and/or revenue HV overhead line projects to time, cost, specification in accordance with the Network Development Process and ensuring health, safety and environmental issues are managed throughout the process.
- Develop, implement, and manage overhead line project delivery, design, safety by design, commissioning, scheme closure and post-completion requirements. Accountability will include managing HV overhead line projects up to a value of circa £20m.
- Act as the key interface between the project and both internal and external teams. Hold the responsibility for developing these key relationships.
- Manage and co-ordinate Contractors and project teams, including the co-ordination and integration of projects across delivery vehicle and Delivery Unit boundaries, to successfully deliver HV overhead line projects to time, cost and specification and with minimal disruption.
- Provide regular project monthly status reports which will include: SHE performance, milestone progress, risk management and current and forecast financial performance.
- Perform the role of CDM-coordinator or arrange for the provision of a CDMC for each project as required under CDM Regulations and enact the role of Commissioning Panel Chairman.
- Monitor Contractor site activities to ensure compliance with National Grid SHES standards, Health & Safety, Environmental legislation and CDM regulations.
- Manage the Contractor commissioning and performance testing process on site. Ensure the provision of accurate 'as built' documentation to handover of the assets onto the system to the standards defined in the design.
- Manage complex third-party issues, land, consents, grantors, public relations and Community Stakeholders to preserve National Grid reputation.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of High Voltage overhead line projects.
- Knowledge and experience in the administration and management of NEC contracts.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Track record of developing working relationships quickly and effectively.
- Honours degree in Electrical Power, Civil or Structural Engineering
- Chartered Status or equivalent professional engineering qualifications
- Training or qualifications in Health, Safety, Environmental and Financial Management
- Driving Licence Essential
**Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer**