Location: Initially Remote, but in Dublin from Q1 when the site opens
Duration: 6 Months
Overview of Role
My International banking client is looking for a Python Developer to join a growing team in the XTM Data team. The successful candidate will work closely with our business partners to define requirements, develop, implement and support key system applications.
- Seasoned in Python with knowledge of SQL.
- Experience developing end-to-end application flows working with leads.
- The ability to effectively communicate within a multi-disciplined team, across multiple locations and time zones, and to interact with demanding business users.
- A flexible, hardworking and "can do" attitude; comfortable working in a fast paced environment with frequent release cycles and rapidly changing priorities.
- Experience in developing high performance server-side applications dealing with very large volumes of data
- Financial or Banking Experience would be beneficial
- Server-side development experience
- Database development experience
- Experience working directly with business users to define requirements and build out new features.
- Experience with different SDLCs - Agile/Scrum, "Waterfall" etc. including use of industry standard tools.
- Previous experience in banking/finance sector an advantage, but not essential
- Experience / Understanding of Counterparty Credit Risk an advantage, but not essential
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.