Hardware & Electronics Design Engineer
2 days left
- Full Time
Hardware & Electronics Design Engineers
£37,000 - £47,000
An Aerospace company is hiring for Hardware & Electronics Engineers to join them in their Scottish base in the Central Belt.
If successful you would be joining a world leader in the Aerospace sector, working on state of the art projects. They are a highly successful and stable company which has proven extremely pandemic resilient and a safe place of employment in these otherwise uncertain times.
What will I do here?
You will be responsible for designing high speed digital PCB (Printed Circuit Boards) that utilise the latest FPGA, Microprocessor and high speed interconnect technologies. These will in turn be implemented into cutting edge technologies for a wide range of aircraft.
Will I have a specific role or can I move around?
This company actively encourages their Engineers to find and follow their passion, whether that may be in this field of electronics, or moving into a different area in the longer term future with the company. They offer first class support and a plethora of opportunities for learning, development and professional growth. Your career at this company, whilst stable, will always be varied. Join us, and you will be constantly adding to and developing your technical knowledge and skills from one project to the next. Learning on the job isn't just a perk - it's crucial.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Designing high speed digital Printed Circuit Boards that utilise the latest FPGA, Microprocessor and high speed interconnect technologies
- Supporting throughout the full hardware lifecycle from requirements analysis; through design, and unit test; to integrating hardware with the target system; and lastly to acceptance test and delivery to the customer
- Fully documenting and recording your work products; keeping them under configuration management, and providing plans and progress reports
- Working within a multi-disciplined team of engineers to solve real integration problems on complex systems
Qualification & Experience we'll be looking for:
- Analysing system level requirements documents and understanding their application to Hardware designs;
- Schematic Capture using Mentor Graphics Dx Designer or equivalent.
- Hardware design of complex FPGA based designs is essential
- Design of high speed serial communication links and knowledge of associated protocols and architectures
- Hands on experience of Hardware, Firmware & Software Integration of Micro Processor Based designs onto hardware platforms is essential
- A methodical approach to the full hardware design lifecycle, working to a structured hardware process
- Debugging, testing and verification of new designs and supporting their commissioning and integration into the target system;
- Ability to liaise with suppliers of key components and assemblies
- Ability to communicate effectively across different disciplines both verbally and in written form
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team to resolve technical issues
- Ability to schedule work and manage time in keeping with project timescales and budgets
Interested and think you have the right skills and experience?
Then apply now with your CV and get yourself in the running.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers. By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy
Apply for Hardware & Electronics Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.