To perform a wide variety of technical support by installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and servicing security systems. Typically handles complex products and/or problems. Helps develop and maintain relationships with current and potential clients. Helps ensure unparalleled client satisfaction through the delivery and maintenance of best-in-class security products and related professional services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works a rotating shift pattern
- Provides Technical support at the weekends on a rolling rota
- Coordinates the planning and delivery of preventative maintenance services on various types of security search equipment
- Coordinates and provides support by installing, calibrating, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting and repairing security systems of a highly complex nature.
- Prepares and conducts formal and informal training courses for customer personnel in the operation and maintenance of systems and equipment. Provides on-site technical and operator training. Including coaching security staff on use of equipment during operations
- Maintain equipment logs and supply equipment performance reports to stakeholders both internal and external.
DAY-TO-DAY OF THE ROLE
- Works with customer via phone or person to identify operational/technical problems. Responds to customer complaints and questions until resolved.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses system/equipment interface problems by phone support, direct deployment or remote diagnostic SW. This will include Network/Server issues.
- Acquaints customer personnel with the full capabilities of the equipment and/or systems for the immediate operational requirements. Advises customer of all equipment changes and authorised modifications.
- Cultivates customer relationships to help determine requirements, needs and perceptions.
- Attends OEM training on all job related products
- Completes CRM and submits all required admin to agreed deadlines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of technical school in electrical/electronic engineering technology. Typically possesses two (2) to five (5) years experience in mechanical/electrical or electronic field service environment.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer interface, presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written. Knowledge of complex digital and analog circuitry is required. Knowledge of complex mechanical systems. A good working knowledge & understanding of Networks/Servers.
- Team player with ability to prioritise and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight. Ability to perform multiple activities simultaneously and independently. Must be available to work a rotating shift pattern.
Apply for Service Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.