Digital Product Manager
Location - Worthing
Who you'll be working with
The Digital Delivery Centre was set up in 2015 to support HMRC's Digital by Default ambitions. Following the Agile methodology, the services that we deliver have the user's needs at the forefront.
We have grown our capacity in the centre by almost 85% in 18 months, and we are now looking for the right candidates to support our future expansion plans.
The focus of your role
Work with the team to create and run one or more outstanding digital services that meet well-defined user needs, in line with the Digital by Default Service Standard;
What you'll do
- Work with the Digital Service Manager to develop and communicate the overall vision of the product being developed; Work with business analysts, user researchers and designers to turn usage data, user research outputs and user feedback into actionable insights that drive service design and prioritisation of service improvements for digital and assisted digital channels. Represent the needs and desires of the stakeholder community to one or more Agile Delivery Teams, being the first source of information about the problem domain for the Team. Represents the work of the Agile Delivery Team to the stakeholder community.
- Use agile methodologies to identify near-term and long-term priorities, work with your Agile Delivery Manager/Scrum Master to maximise visibility of those plans, and enable your team to release frequent service improvements that deliver real value for users
- Direct the development of user-driven prototypes to test potential new features with users in order to explore potential improvements to the existing service;
- Prioritise and maintain the Product backlog, collaborating with Business Analysts and Developers to create and refine user stories that deliver valuable digital services; w/w Stakeholders (and Feature Owners) generates Product Backlog in Inception phase Clearly expresses Product Backlog items Prioritizes requirements defects, other items in Product Backlog according to business value and technical risk
- Ensure the maximum possible take-up of your digital service and specify/manage the requirements for assisted digital activity to supplement this;
- Actively participate in networking and training with Service Managers and Product Managers (inside and outside government) and share agile best practice and learning;
- Build resilience and responsiveness in the organisation by being open and honest about risks and challenges and the actions required to address unexpected developments
- Keep continually abreast of changes to user habits, preferences and behaviours across various digital platforms, and their implications for successful delivery of digital services
- Represents the needs and desires of the stakeholder community to one or more Agile Delivery Teams, being the first source of information about the problem domain for the Team. Represents the work of the Agile Delivery Team to the stakeholder community. The Product Managers decisions are visible in the content and ordering of the Product Backlog
- Educates the team in the business domain Is accountable for requirements gathering activities and is an active participant in modelling Helps gain access to expert stakeholders
What you'll bring
- Strong requirements and business analysis skills , Agile methodologies & techniques.
- Jira & Confluence
- GDS Experience / Goverment Sector Experience - Desirable
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Find out more and apply today
Apply for Digital Product Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.