Senior Data Analyst
Can you tell stories with data and statistical analysis?
I'm recruiting for an experienced Senior Data Analyst for a global brand based in central London. With more than 35,000 employees and around 5,000+ branches in over 60 countries around the world. The company deals with a lot of data.
As the teams senior data analyst, you will:
- Devise robust analytical strategies to address business challenges.
- Liaise with stakeholder thinking and translate it into good quality workstreams.
- Generate tangible business benefits
With your statistical experience, you will help the team to unravel the mysteries of the economy and find the optimal way to make a business successful.
They have an extremely rich data pool. You'll have access to terabytes of web scrapes, operational data, documents (parsed and unparsed), social media feeds and deep insights on the UK markets.
In terms of technology, they are a cloud only team. You'll have access to all that Microsoft Azure has to offer and they are all open source lovers. The team you'll be joining is made of brilliant minds spanning across data engineering, analytics and data science. It is an intellectually challenging environment and they would like to keep it that way.
The Shopping List
- PhD or MSc in statistics, maths or physics or comparable work experience.
- Curiosity and creative thinking is their mindset. You should be able to generate multiple strong ideas from a single dataset.
- Intellectual integrity is key. This roles insights will impact people's lives so we need them to be air tight.
- Capable of turning complex insights into compelling story lines for business stakeholders.
- Proficiency in SQL is paramount.
- Strong statistical knowledge with an understanding / experience with:
- A/B testing - trial and control group with a hypothesis (t-test as a statistical measure)
- Difference between mean/median/mode/standard deviation and when to use them
- Logistic regression (r-squared as a statistical measure)
- Clustering techniques
- Coding experience with Python
- Experience / understanding of Game theory is big plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and its various tools
For a full breakdown of the role, company and overall opportunity, please apply.
Role: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Central London - Liverpool Street
Package: Up to £50k + Benefits Package
Home Working: 2-3 days in the office only
Apply for Senior Data Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.