Cloud Migration Engineer
Position: Cloud Engineer
Duration: Until the end of March - fully remote working
Rate: Market rates
Start date: ASAP
The successful candidate will be familiar with managing public cloud infrastructures, across Azure, AWS and VMware and will be actively engaged within cloud programmes providing delivery and deployment activities for cloud migration projects. The role will require infrastructure and application assessment to document system knowledge reports, working with an architect and project managers to support ongoing projects as well as being involved in the application migration workstreams, using tools as well as manual methods to migrate application stacks to the new platforms.
This role consists of cloud engineering based on platforms such as VMware, Microsoft Azure and AWS. The successful candidate will be experienced in supporting and delivering Hybrid cloud migrations as well as native.
* Synchronisation of data and systems to migrate servers and applications to the cloud
* Building public cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud services and configuration using Infrastructure as Code and/or manual processes.
* Conduct system validation and performance testing and compile runbooks and reports
* Analysis of cloud and on-premises infrastructure and servers to define and execute migration run-books
* Remediation of infrastructure issues and support of testing prior to, and during, migrations and early life support for applications
* Root cause analysis of faults and identification and remediation of incidents
* Working within a migration team to deliver migration programmes
* Ensure personal billability/business development utilisation is maintained at or above the agreed level with proactive intervention to reduce bench time
2 years of implementing and maintaining servers and associated back office IT infrastructure for small and medium sized organisations, including support and migration.
In addition, at least 1 years of experience working with cloud technologies is key, you will hold at least one appropriate AWS and/or Azure foundation, associate, or professional certification.
Ideally, you will also have experience of working within or with the UK public sector but relevant experience in the private sector will be sufficient.
If you're interested and have the required experience, please send me your updated CV and I will be in touch.
Apply for Cloud Migration Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.