PHE Tier 1 Advisor
An opportunity to join the Public Health England team as a Tier 1 Advisor has become available. Please see the job description below.
Title: Tier 1 Advisor
Hours: 38 Hours a week
Rolling shifts over a 7 day pattern, Monday to Sunday, between the hours of 8am to 10pm.
Location: Home Working
Reporting to: Team Manager
As a Tier 1 adviser you will be responsible for handling queries from those contacting helpline based services across a range of behaviour change services and subject matters including Sexual Health and Substance Misuse. You will act as a first line of support for callers, triaging their queries and providing them with information and advice. You will be required to communicate effectively with service users of all ages and backgrounds, conveying information and tailoring support specific to caller's needs, age and understanding. You will be expected to communicate with them across a range of contact channels including email, voice, webchat, SMS and social media.
· Willing to work shifts
· Commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
· Willingness & consent to apply for a CRB check
· Standard Grade English and/or a relevant HNC/HND. Relevant and equivalent work experience may be considered.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
· A good standard of written and spoken English.
· Excellent communication skills including a confident telephone manner and the ability to construct a written response to a high professional standard.
· The ability to adhere to a defined remit.
· The ability to actively listen and ask appropriate question to understand the query and then convey information specific to caller's needs.
· An understanding of professional boundaries.
· Proven IT literacy and experience of navigating various multi-channel applications and databases.
· Ability to navigate and moderate Social Media platforms and content.
· The ability to check information to a high standard of accuracy and detail.
· The ability to work within Serco policies, procedures and guidelines.
· An understanding of confidentiality.
· Willingness to ask for support and use available information.
· Ability to deal professionally with a large number of calls.
· Able to handle queries of a sensitive nature.
· Contact Centre experience
· Customer Service Experience
· Positive and self-motivating
· Team spirited
· Calm, Patient & Empathetic
· Ability to deal with callers from a wide range of ages and backgrounds
· Logical & Objective
The closing date for this position is 29th January 2021.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for PHE Tier 1 Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.