Location: Co. Tipperary
Contract Term: Permanent
Adecco are currently looking for a talented and motivated Design Engineer who is interested in joining a leading mechanical engineering company, specializing in bulk materials handling systems and high-quality steel fabrication.
The ideal candidate would have strong knowledge in Solidworks and at least 5 years of experience in machinery design such as material handling systems, ideally cranes, agro machinery, vessels, or high tech stainless/ carbon steel equipment.
This is a permanent opportunity with the company that offers an interesting remuneration and benefits package.
* Engineering degree or equivalent technical qualification preferably Mechanical, Production, Maintenance, Manufacturing.
* 5 - 10 years relevant experience in the sector with regard to design & production.
* Experience in machinery design, bulk material handling equipment / conveying design would be seen as an advantage.
* Good knowledge of EU standards and machinery directives. Knowledge of ISO12999 would be seen as an advantage.
* Based at the head office in Tipperary with some travel to client location/sites.
* Strong ability to use various modeling packages such as Solid Works including FEA software etc.
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. * Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
* Good analysis, judgment, and problem-solving skills along with an ability to input effectively into decision making, with the team.
* Carrying out 3D design activities on customer projects from proof of concept work to final design review and manufacture.
* Supports the sales department during tender phases to prepare design concepts.
* Production of fabrication drawings for issuance to the production department.
* Coordination of subcontractors (e.g. electrical, hydraulics) during the design phase of projects as required.
* Review and analyze client specifications at the tender stage and project delivery stage.
* Performing Design Reviews with client/production/engineering department as required.
* Development / maintain drawing templates and standards for the company.
* Work with other internal departments to ensure project objectives are met;
* Resolve as required any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise on projects.
* Assisting Senior Project Engineers as required with regard to design and any other functions deemed relevant by your line manager.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to discussing your next career move. Apply online and a Specialist Recruiter will be making contact shortly.
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.