Customs Compliance Manager:
2 days left
- Full Time
The right candidate can develop their career with a supporting management team, plus an excellent package on offer.
Overseeing the company's compliance in adhering to Customs formalities is a core responsibility and critical success factor in this role. Having a strong Customs regulatory understanding and the ability to interpret these changes and update the policies and procedures of the business to comply is important.
Play a strong leadership role in supporting and mentoring your direct reports and technical leadership.
Supervision of Agents completing below works and working alongside team.
* Provide Customs subject matter expertise support and leadership to the UK groupage service teams.
* Practical support in the preparation and submission of more complex declarations.
* Assign resourcing and training in maintaining capability to complete transactions in AIS, AEP, ICS and NCTS as required by services and customers.
* Review Customs transactions in the system and Customs billing reconciliation month.
* Completing and validating Customs compliant documentation.
* Updating internal system regarding Customs related matters (TSF Warehouse).
* Oversee Customs Compliance by maintaining and update a system of control governance.
* Liaising with carriers & customers for shipping information & documentation.
* Support the freight forwarders in gathering information or other duties.
* Ownership of reconciliation of monthly Duty deferment account.
Build relationship with Customs platform software providers ensuring operating environment is always the latest version.
* Develop KPI set to measure Customs clearance performance and benchmark against best-in-class peer group.
* Creating invoices for month end billing for customers.
* Complete reporting customer & Revenue.
* Interface with Carriers and Information providers to ensure all required information is received.
* Provide completed Customs documentation to Customer.
* Assist in Customer documentation testing where applicable.
* Assist in other functions within Operations on a project basis, when/if required.
* Ensure a succession plan within your team that supports personal development and career progression for your team.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 3 years in a Freight Forwarding Customs team.
* Supervision or Team Lead experience is an advantage.
* Excellent organisational skills and capable of working at fast pace,
* Strong PC Skills such as Excel / Word & PowerPoint.
* Excellent level of English Oral and Written is required.
Professional and focused approach with a high level to attention and detail.
* Attention to analytics and conformance with defined procedures in tight timelines.
* Customer focused with desire to always strive for excellence.
* Positive 'can do' attitude and highly ambitious approach.
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
* Increased level of flexibility to meet timelines on reporting.
* Exceptional Communication skills
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Customs Compliance Manager:
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.