1 day left
- Full Time
Team: Executive Support
Responsible to: Executive Officer
Pay: £11.88 PH
Job Purpose and Role:
* To provide efficient, accurate, and confidential executive support and co-ordination to the Strategic Executive Board (SEB) and where appropriate the wider senior management team.
* To support the Executive Officers and Executive Support Manager in creating, delivering and maintaining a proactive front-line service to SEB and stakeholders
* The postholder is a key member of the Executive Support Team and is expected to work flexibly to ensure that high-quality administration and Executive Assistant support is always provided, enabling members of the Strategic Executive Board to function effectively and to provide a positive and efficient image of the Council.
* The Executive Support Team operating hours will provide customers with support between 8.00am to 6.00pm (5.00pm on Fridays), a rota will be in operation to cover 8.00am to 9.00am and 5.00pm to 6.00pm. Occasional out-of-hours working will be required to support SEB.
Main Duties and Accountabilities:
The postholder should have an understanding and overview of the work of the Strategic Executive Board, including managing all incoming mail, telephone calls, messages and co-ordinating meetings. This will enable the postholder to fully support the Strategic Executive Board and to prioritise and manage their own workload in an informed and effective manner.
1. To always provide a professional image to SEB, Councillors, partner organisations and visitors, in line with excellent customer service standards.
2. To provide outstanding executive support to all members of SEB and the wider senior management team when required, working in a matrix style as appropriate.
3. Manages and delivers the composing and preparation of correspondence as necessary on behalf of members of SEB, including highly confidential and sensitive items.
4. Leads on behalf of the relevant SEB members on the organisation of complex and detailed travel plans (ensuring appropriate value for money), itineraries and agenda setting. Including provision of relevant and appropriate documentation for finance, in-line with Council policy.
5. To proactively ensure members of SEB are fully prepared and sufficiently briefed for events and meetings.
6. Acting as a central point of contact and 'gatekeeper' for all aspects of SEB members schedule of work, including flexible diary management to meet changing needs, agreeing suitable dates and times. Proactively identifying alternative arrangements to make room for key priorities, recognising priorities and what can / cannot be moved in line with SEB's expectations and workload on a daily/weekly/ monthly basis and across the year.
7. Proactive monitoring of SEB member's inbox, ensuring that routine inquiries are dealt with in consultation with the relevant officers within the directorate ensuring that SEB is fully sighted on what is important and needs their attention in a timely manner.
8. Maintaining the Master Forward Plan and its interface with the key governance/decision-making platforms to avoid inconsistencies in terms of briefs, timetables, clearance protocols to ensure that the reputation of the Council in responding to corporate commissions is increased significantly.
9. Utilise Modern.Gov and Issue Manager to deliver all required activities on behalf of SEB.
10. Providing effective support to members of SEB by identifying issues and ensuring they receive quality and timely briefings about the decisions/ reports/ issues.
11. Identifying and actioning any governance issues to resolution, escalating where appropriate to do so.
12. Ensure that all inquiries, requests for information and complaints/compliments (MP, Councillor etc.) are recorded and administered in accordance with business standards and regulatory standards on behalf of SEB.
13. Ensuring that the meeting papers are always ready for the SEB member in the advance of meetings and taking ownership of any key decision points are highlighted for their attention prior to the meeting.
14. Handling incoming requests with the highest level of speed, accuracy, presentation, and confidentiality.
15. Proactively engaging in multi-tasking, to manage priorities and deliver to deadlines to meet specific commitments.
16. To work autonomously in the absence of the member of SEB.
17. Use your own initiative to plan time effectively and prioritise all incoming work daily, as well forward planning for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activities.
18. Work on own initiative to respond quickly, appropriately and communicating clearly in relation to urgent/important and unpredictable issues ensuring a high-quality support service.
19. Maintain effective communication networks at all levels across the organisation and externally to facilitate the effective links to better support the SEB member.
20. Proactively Identify, draft and type all routine and ad hoc correspondence and reports, on behalf of the SEB member - prior to review.
21. Identify and create action plans (via Action Portal) and follow-up outstanding issues which emerge from the SEB member and the wider senior management.
22. Work on own initiative to prepare background information, collate information into reports, produce statistics. Create and manage databases required to support SEB.
23. Manage the meeting process in alignment with agreed business standards by preparing agendas, take, produce and circulate accurate actions/decisions of meetings - full minutes as identified.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy
Apply for Executive Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.
More searches like this
- Central Government Project/Programme Management jobs in Homeworking
- Construction & Property Project/Programme Management jobs in Homeworking
- Property Management Facilities Management Project/Programme Management jobs in Homeworking
- Office & secretarial Project/Programme Management jobs in Homeworking
- PAs Project/Programme Management jobs in Homeworking