Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
1 day left
- Job Level
Contract Term: Permanent
Adecco are currently looking for a talented and motivated Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer who is interested in joining a world-leading automation company based in Sligo, providing custom design automation solutions to leading manufacturing companies.
This is a permanent opportunity with the company that offers an interesting remuneration and benefits package.
The role will involve becoming a member of the design team, responsible for the design and implementation of automated equipment.
· Work within the design team to develop innovative concepts from customer requirements
· 3D Design of Mechatronic equipment including mechanisms; transfer systems, servo systems, robotics, pneumatics, electrical equipment, and machine guarding systems
· Hands-on involvement at the build and debug stage to ensure designs meet performance specifications.
· Ability to take responsibility for large projects and manage cross-functional terms through the life cycle of a project
· Give guidance and direction to machine build technicians to help them realize designs
· ensure that the customer end goals are being achieved.
· Design and implement process improvements for existing automation equipment
· Prepare detailed tooling drawings and pneumatic schematics
· Liaise with suppliers for component procurement
· Liaising with customers on requirement specifications and project deliverables
· Preparing detailed safety risk assessments and FMEAs
· Development of machine documentation to meet EU standards
· Meeting project delivery deadlines
· Excellent communication skills are vital as you will have to work within a technical team and be expected to communicate on the job specifications and issues etc. that are occurring on a day-to-day basis.
· Responsibility for quality, commissioning and safety of designs completed
Educational, Experience, Skills & Competencies:
· Educated to degree level in a mechanical engineering discipline
· Minimum 4 years relevant experience including:
o Involvement in significant automation projects with responsibility for design sign off, installation, and commissioning
o Extensive experience in a machine design role
· Strong experience using 3D CAD applications e.g. SolidWorks
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Willing to take ownership
· Self-starter with good attention to detail
· Project management experience advantageous
· Proven track record in problem-solving and delivering solutions
· Demonstrate ability to take initiative and be innovative
· Current driving license and able to travel as required
Sounds interesting? We look forward to discussing your next career move. Apply online and a Specialist Recruiter will be making contact shortly.
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.