Junior Safety Officer
6 days left
- Job Level
Location: Cahir, Tipperary
Contract Term: Permanent
Adecco are currently looking for a talented and motivated Jr Safety Officer who is interested in joining a leading mechanical engineering company, specializing in bulk materials handling systems and high-quality steel fabrication.
This is a permanent opportunity with the company that offers interesting benefits and the salary could be between €30-35K, DOE.
* Health and Safety qualification from a third level institution or international recognised body i.e. IOSH, OSHA.
* Knowledge of current and future Health and Safety legislation and best practice.
* Previously Health and Safety experience in similar organizations would be an advantage.
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
* Good analysis, judgment, and problem-solving skills along with an ability to input effectively into decision making, with the team.
Role & Responsabilities:
* Promote a positive health and safety culture across the company.
* Support the implementation of the project health and safety goals as per the company Health & Safety statement.
* Complete inspections of workshop equipment, training of site & workshop personnel (inductions, manual handling, abrasive wheels, etc.)
* Carry out weekly toolbox talks with employees as required.
* Coordination of subcontractor safety documentation including training records, insurances, etc.
* Manage the annual review of the company safety statement including supporting the annual safety certification audit process (Safe T).
* Completion of health & safety records for the company including PPE register, MSDS, audit records, etc.
* Analyse company training requirements for employees, ensuring necessary training is organized and training records are up to date.
* Any other functions deemed relevant by your line manager.
* Updated copy of your CV and copy of educational records.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to discussing your next career move. Apply online and a Specialist Recruiter will be making contact shortly.
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Junior Safety Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.