Adecco are currently recruiting for a PROCUREMENT MANAGER for a South-London Local Authority.
- Procurement Manager
- Public Sector - Local Authority
- Full time - 36 hours per week
- Temporary role - 3 months (possible extension)
- £400 per day PAYE / £492.28 per day Umbrella
- Working from home with occasional requirement to go to office in Croydon
- Development of Place based procurement strategies in line with commercial pipeline of expiring contracts and new purchasing requirements
- Oversight of Place based procurement tenders, evaluation & moderation meetings and award governance requirements for above and below OJEU thresholds
- Supporting contract managers from Place services with contract management and a contract savings programmes
- Supervision of a team of 7 category / procurement officers
- Supporting the reporting of performance of key Place based council contracts
- Supporting the Head of Service with transformation of procurement processes
Role Purpose and Role Dimensions:
To deliver a strategic category management service for the Resources directorate, improving commissioning, procurement and contract management practice to deliver sustainable efficiencies in third party spend.
Identify and deliver innovative, commercially focused commissioning plans for the directorate, including developing alternative service delivery models as appropriate.
Design and deliver innovative procurement solutions that provide cashable savings and process efficiencies for the organisation whilst improving outcomes for our residents.
Provide strategic contract management support and ensure effective contract compliance
Forward planning of all strategic (£100k+) commissioning and contracting, to better meet business needs.
The key sub-categories are:
· ICT services, including end user computing, service desk, print, web services and application management
· Hardware and peripherals, including multi-functional devices
· Software, applications and systems implementation
· ICT consumables
· Telecommunications and networking
· Hosting, data storage and disaster recovery
· ICT Maintenance
· Professional and technical advice services related to the category
· Corporate supplies, including stationery, office supplies, uniforms and safety equipment
· Financial and insurance services
· Legal services
· Agency and staffing, including learning and development, occupational health and staff benefits
· Marketing, media and advertising
· Professional and technical advice services related to the category, including business consultancy
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy