Location: Ringaskiddy, Cork.
Adecco are currently looking for a talented and motivated Hardware Engineer who is interested in joining a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of precision control components and systems based in Cork.
This is a permanent opportunity with the company which offers an interesting benefits package and salary.
Reporting to a technical team leader, the engineer selected will have responsibility for working in project teams in an EN9100 environment carrying out design and development activities on Moog's motor controller products.
· Design & development of hardware (analog, digital, and power electronics) for Moog's range of servo-drive products whilst ensuring that the product designs:
o Meets performance specifications, cost & reliability targets
o Complies with required regulatory standards
o Are designed for manufacture & test (DFM &DFT)
· The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the hardware life cycle i.e. requirements definition, architectural design, implementation, integration, and testing as part of a multi-site development team.
· The successful candidate will be expected to participate in design reviews and business reviews as required.
· The successful candidate will be expected to work towards achieving defined project goals/milestones within tight project schedules.
· The successful candidate will be expected to support a reasonable level of travel including on-site customer support.
· Design team member in an ISO9OO1/AS9100D environment.
Maintain an up to date knowledge/expertise in the current state of the art
· Minimum 2nd Class (Hons) degree or equivalent in an electronics / electrical engineering course.
· The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant role.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent mathematical and analytical skills, problem identification, analysis, and problem-solving abilities.
· Results-oriented and deadline-driven with a high degree of accountability, commitment, and responsibility. Ability to produce very high-quality results under tight time constraints.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with senior customers, management, and team members.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Additional Skills - Advantageous
· Knowledge of the operation and control of permanent magnet synchronous motors.
· Knowledge of power conversion principles, topologies and technologies, and thermal management
· Capability and experience in VHDL language.
· Experience of hard real-time embedded system developments to defined project schedules.
· Knowledge of electronic devices and FPGA communication with electronic devices (e.g. A/D, D/A, optical encoders).
· Project Management
Please note we do not provide visa sponsorship for this role.
Sounds interesting? Apply online and a Specialist Recruiter will be making contact shortly.
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.