Strategic Commissioning Manager - MH & LD's
*Strategic Commissioning Manager for Mental Health & Learning Disabilities (Interim)*
Adecco are currently recruiting for a Strategic Commissioning Manager for Mental Health & Learning Disabilities (Interim) for a South London local authority.
- Strategic Commissioning Manager for Mental Health & Learning Disabilities (Interim)
- Public Sector - Local Authority
- Full Time - 36 hours per week
- Temporary role - 7 months
- £350 per day Umbrella
- Remote working at present then transitioning to 1 day in office every now and then
- IR35 Status: Inside
The Council are looking to develop a clear 3 year commissioning plan and the post holder will be responsible for developing this with the operational service leads and taking this forward to cabinet approval.
The Council have targets to reduce spend on packages of care over the next three years and the commissioning manager will also support a 'Review Team' that are reviewing all Learning Disabilities packages of care to reduce spend and look at commissioning options to support step down and commercial negotiations with providers. The target is to carry out a review of all residential based clients within the 7 months of the role.
This role is the strategic commissioning lead for accommodation and pathway management across Adult Social Care & Health.
The role will represent Croydon Council in this area in all aspects of social care and wellbeing, ensuring that national and local priorities are reflected in commissioning strategies and decisions, and leading on market and service developments and design - supporting people to improve their wellbeing and enabling them to live more independently..
This senior level post will work in partnership with health partners, children's commissioners, Placements & Brokerage, community safety, housing, Public Health, and providers of services and support to:
- ensure the social care and wellbeing needs of the local population are embedded in all commissioning strategies by championing and challenging on behalf of the local population and on best available evidence.
- foster excellent working relations with the placements and brokerage teams, one Croydon Alliance, operational teams and provider market
- be responsible for developing and implementing a joint strategy for planning, commissioning, market management and developing support services and markets in full consultation with all stakeholders;
- ensure that commissioned services are cost effective and achieve good individual outcomes which maximise confidence, independence that are preventative in nature and promote healthy lifestyles;
- ensure contract management is undertaken in order to ensure compliance and value for money
- brief Cabinet Members and Councillors as required and attend appropriate Cabinet, Scrutiny and Health & Wellbeing Boards and meetings representing the commissioning function
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy