Strategic Commissioning Manager - Accomm. & Pathway Mgmt.
*Strategic Commissioning Manager - Accommodation & Pathway Management (Interim)*
Adecco are currently recruiting for a Strategic Commissioning Manager - Accommodation & Pathway Management (Interim) for a South London local authority.
- Strategic Commissioning Manager - Accommodation & Pathway Management (Interim)
- Public Sector - Local Authority
- Full Time - 36 hours per week
- Temporary role - 7 months
- £350 per day Umbrella
- Remote working at present then transitioning to 1 day in office every now and then
- IR35 Status: Inside
An experienced Strategic Commissioner specialising in Accommodation and Pathway Management is required to deliver the Councils improvement plan and savings around expensive placements and step down.
We currently spend £51m which is significantly higher than any other borough and this suite of transformation resources is absolutely essential. Ensuring we have a grip on placements, in terms of spend, activity, processes, payments and use of accommodation is crucial to managing demand and package of care spend.
The aim is reduce the number of residential and nursing placements, supported living and associated spend and proactively manage any existing void arrangements ensuring that these are filled as soon as possible.
The Accommodation & Pathway Management Strategic Lead is to support the delivery of appropriate alternatives to expensive Mental Health and Learning Disability placements
(specifically around supported Living and residential).
The role would work in conjunction with a commissioning lead and a broker/placement pilot to actively work with and develop the market identifying and delivering alternative accommodation options. This supports the work in reducing cost to the London and England averages.
This role is the strategic commissioning lead for accommodation and pathway management across Adult Social Care & Health.
The role will represent Council in this area in all aspects of social care and wellbeing, ensuring that national and local priorities are reflected in commissioning strategies and decisions, and leading on market and service developments and design - supporting people to improve their wellbeing and enabling them to live more independently.
This senior level post will work in partnership with health partners, children's commissioners, Placements & Brokerage, community safety, housing, Public Health, and providers of services and support to:
- ensure the social care and wellbeing needs of the local population are embedded in all commissioning strategies by championing and challenging on behalf of the local population and on best available evidence.
- foster excellent working relations with the placements and brokerage teams, one Croydon Alliance, operational teams and provider market
- be responsible for developing and implementing a joint strategy for planning, commissioning, market management and developing support services and markets in full consultation with all stakeholders;
- ensure that commissioned services are cost effective and achieve good individual outcomes which maximise confidence, independence that are preventative in nature and promote healthy lifestyles;
- ensure contract management is undertaken in order to ensure compliance and value for money
- brief Cabinet Members and Councillors as required and attend appropriate Cabinet, Scrutiny and Health & Wellbeing Boards and meetings representing the commissioning function
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy