Electrical Maintenance Technician
Contract Term: Permanent
Adecco are currently looking for a talented and motivated Electrical Maintenance Technician who is interested in joining a leading a world-leading confectionary manufacturing company for their site at the Kinsale Roundabout in Cork. This is a permanent opportunity with the employer and they're offering the following benefits:
* 17,5% Bonus
* Pension 7%, after 3 years goes up to 10%
* VHI health insurance for spouse and children
* Onsite free doctor
* Onsite Canteen
* Annual salary reviews
* Death at service and disability
* Educational assistance
Pay rate: €23,84 p/hour
The successful candidate will be responsible for preventative maintenance on machines and equipment, supporting the site electrical preventative maintenance program, responding to machine breakdowns throughout the plant, and also involved in the installation and relocation of existing equipment.
· Electrical maintenance, process control, troubleshooting & fault finding
· Effectively troubleshoot and fault find on, Allen Bradley, Siemens, and various PLC's
· Implement scheduled Preventative Maintenance programs on all equipment
· Execution of work as per onsite schedule/ unscheduled calibrations routines, ensuring coordination of work with operations staff and maintenance to minimize impact to production activities.
· Carry out wiring installation and commissioning of plant/equipment & troubleshooting of same
· To manage and deliver departmental based projects
· Carry out programming and diagnostics of plant and equipment
· Ensure all machines and equipment are safe & fit for purpose
· Minimize downtime on equipment through fast response, effective root cause analysis, and strong fault finding skills
· Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting & electro-mechanical repairs to PLC controlled plant
· Accurately record activity in SAP and actively use the SAP system to support all maintenance activities.
· Complete all tasks efficiently and effectively with safety and quality at the forefront.
· Completion of a recognized electrical apprenticeship with at least 5 years post apprenticeship experience within a high-volume production facility.
· Instrumentation experience is an advantage but not essential.
· PLC programming, troubleshooting, and fault finding experience an advantage
· Experience in reading and interpreting electrical drawings essential
· Experience working with mechanical systems would be an advantage
· Knowledge and experience of hydraulics, steam, water, and pneumatics
· Ability to drive and implement continuous plant improvement
· SAP experience is an advantage but not essential.
· Must have a flexible attitude to working shift work and supporting others as required
Sounds interesting? We look forward to discussing your next career move. Apply online and a Specialist Recruiter will be making contact shortly.
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.