- Housing Officer
- Based in Brentford, Hounslow
- Public Sector - Local Authority
- Temp Role - 3 months (extension likely)
- Full Time - 36 hours per week
- £17.75 per hour PAYE / £22.98 per hour Umbrella
- Full Clean UK Drivers Licence and access to own vehicle desirable
- ASAP Start (pending compliance)
- ASB, Tenancy Management; Rent Income and Estate Improvements experience required
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Housing Officer role is central to the success of Hounslow's Resident Services. As the main point of contact at the Council for residents, the Housing Officer takes ownership of a range of housing services provided to residents of all tenures.
* To work effectively as part of the Council's Regeneration, Economic Development and Environment directorate, delivering corporate objectives through the work of the Housing Service.
* To promote a philosophy of putting service user needs first at every opportunity and to put in place management arrangements that work to action this.
* To work with key stakeholders in improving service quality and promoting creative and innovative ways of tackling local problems, ensuring services delivered meet the needs of our community and are accessible to all users.
* To work with other officers in Regeneration, Economic Development and Environment and where appropriate other Departments to ensure services are integrated at the point of delivery and at the strategic planning level and to identify new opportunities for business efficiencies.
* To support organisational change ensuring the appropriate systems of performance and development, communications, equality measures, monitoring and review are in place.
* To adhere to the Council's Staff and Customer Charters.
* Assist tenants in sustaining their tenancy by referrals to agencies that can help with their support need such as financial inclusion, welfare benefits and debt/legal advice.
* Liaise directly with social services and other agencies in order to support the independent living of residents who have support needs.
* Encourage and support residents to increase their involvement in the local community and actively engage with resident associations and other resident groups.
* Manage multiple tenures in a defined geographical patch and deal with all service requests in line with the Council's service standards. Provide guidance, advice and information relating to the lease/ tenancy/ licence.
* Take appropriate remedial or enforcement action where there are breaches of lease, tenancy or licence.
* Investigate all cases of anti-social behaviour, domestic violence, and hate crime. Ensure casework is progressed professionally, promptly, and in accordance with Council policies and charters.
* Deliver a personalised landlord service to residents in a defined geographical patch, communicating with residents in their homes as well as council offices.
* Investigate suspected tenancy fraud cases and take action against illegal occupants.
Quality assure the standard and consistency of repairs & maintenance to properties and estates. Oversee post-inspection of work, internal/ contractor liaison and making sure work is completed satisfactorily.
* Identify potential improvement works in consultation with local residents and prepare a project brief for approval. Commission contractors to deliver the works and client manage the process throughout.
* Ensure communal areas and estates are clean, safe and well maintained through regular monitoring and inspection. To escalate incidents of substandard performance of the caretaking, cleaning and grounds maintenance service where necessary.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
Measured deliverables include:
* Rent collection figures
* Estate inspections ratings
* Responses to complaints or member enquiries
* Percentage of customers satisfied with service received
* Efficiency of case management
* External Customers (Residents)
* Internal customers and council teams (council staff)
* Elected Council Members
* Statutory agencies
* Resident Associations and community groups
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy