Community Activities Coordinator (Older People)
- Community Activities Coordinator (Older People)
- Public Sector - Local Authority
- Temporary role - 6 months (possible extension)
- Full time - 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- £17.75 per hour PAYE
- Hybrid Working - office and home based
PURPOSE OF ROLE: To support the Sheltered Housing team assisting in marketing and co-ordinating of activities. The role will include organising and facilitating events and other general promotional activities including the updating of social media and databases. Actively sourcing funding streams.
- To foster and build relationships with local businesses and regional agencies top bring creative & stimulating activities to the programme.
- To facilitate the sheltered housing team in preparing marketing materials and supporting data including the updating of social media, business contact database.
- To promote partnership working by implementing working agreements with partners and ensuring regular reviews and compliance of working agreements.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of working in a similar role working with providers to provide stimulating, health related activities for older residents
- Experience of handling and banking monies
- Experience of partnership working and building strong relationships.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience of problem solving, creative thinking and working on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Experience of consultation with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of seeking funding from internal and external providers
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Sound verbal and written communication skills, including ability to draft accurate reports and create marketing materials
- Excellent presenting skills with an ability to carry out presentations to a range of audiences
- Excellent social skills and ability to work effectively and professionally with (and balance the competing demands of) different providers.
- Ability to work as part of a team and positively engage with a 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to work with residents consulting on new projects.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Competent in use of IT, including excel
- Keep abreast of new developments with regard to provision of housing and services to older people.
- Ability to positively influence key stakeholders.
PERSONAL STYLE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Works positively with colleagues in the team and across the organisation to ensure consistent good practice and deliver corporate solutions
- At all times respects confidentiality
- Ensures consistent good practice and works to carry out tasks more efficiently.
- Ability to go the extra mile, with a high degree of personal responsibility
- Abide by all London Borough of Hounslow policies procedures and standing orders, in particular equality and diversity policies.
- Can be confident presenting to mixed sized groups and a varied audience.
Current full driving licence and own motorised transport & DBS check
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
More searches like this
- Charity Not-for-Profit Project/Programme Management jobs in Homeworking
- Fundraising Project/Programme Management jobs in Homeworking
- Youth & Community Project/Programme Management jobs in Homeworking
- Human Resources Project/Programme Management jobs in Homeworking
- Public Sector Project/Programme Management jobs in Homeworking