Parks Officer - Horticulture
Are you an experienced Parks Officer with a passion for horticulture and looking for your next challenge???
This is an exciting opportunity to join our client based in the area of Richmond, to carry out site inspections monitoring of parks related contracts with office based tasks and some potential for home working.
3 months temp (possible extension)
£14.75 - £18.00 PH PAYE
The Parks Officer will support the Parks Team in the monitoring of parks related contracts, ensuring that all contractors deliver their services/duties in accordance with the relevant contract specifications.
The Parks Officer will also support the Parks Team by delivering improvement projects wherever necessary and assist in identifying any areas where improvements are required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. To assist the Parks Team in monitoring the performance of all parks related contracts daily and ensure continuous improvement by developing programmes of work with contractors.
2. To ensure work achieved is to the highest standard, meeting the expectations of stakeholders and customers always within the available resources.
3. To assist the Parks Team in the monitoring of expenditure across a range of Grounds Maintenance Budgets.
4. To assist the Parks Team with raising purchase orders using the Capita finance system and dealing with the finance related enquiries from contractors, customers and colleagues.
5. To ensure that all contractors (and sub-contractors) meet their obligations and operate fully within Health & Safety requirements.
6. Liaise with other departments regarding maintenance issues and improvement projects.
7. To support the Parks Team in delivering various improvement projects, including the preparation of any relevant documentation and/or communication e.g. the creation of consultations, posters and onsite information with stakeholders and customers.
8. Maintain all electronic records and data in accordance with GDPR legislation and ensure that they are auditable.
9. To deal with customer enquiries via telephone, email and electronic reporting system's such as Confirm.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
To have a thorough knowledge of and be up to date with developments and trends Local Government and the grounds maintenance industry and undertake research to support continuous improvement
Proven significant experience of contract performance monitoring in a Grounds Maintenance setting
Consultant: Sarah Gillan Telephone: 07849 629289
The application process is subject to the successful completion of background and reference checking. Adecco Group is an equal opportunities employer If you do not hear from one of our consultants within 7 days of applying for this role, please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy