Technical Business Analyst
*** TECHNICAL BUSINESS ANALYST REQUIRED IN DUBLIN****
DURATION- 12 MONTHS
DAY RATE €450 A DAY
LOCATION- DUBLIN MUST BE BASED IN IRELAND WITH RELEVANT RIGHTTO WORK DOCUMENTATION
Our client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
The Data Transmission Support team provides enterprise solutions allowing internal business applications to securely exchange data with their external partners. The candidate will Provide integration support for transmission products and protocols. Implementation, administration and business partner support on distributed and mainframe systems Perform software implementation and administrative support Provide transmission consulting and assistance to business partners and projects, provide level 2 support, provide 24x7 on call support, support tasks outside normal business hours: Software implementations/upgrades, project support, change implementations, disaster recovery exercise support
Work Experience & Functional/Technical Skills:
* Degree within Information Systems or other computer related programs
* Knowledge of basic data transfer terms and concepts
* Experience implementing and maintaining distributed system software
* Knowledge of operating systems: Unix (AIX, Sun, HP UX), Linux, OpenVMS, Windows (2003, XP, Vista), z/OS, z/VM
* Practical knowledge of desktop software (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Office Communicator, Internet Explorer, etc.)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
* Can interact and provide support to our internal and external customers effectively
* Exhibit strong teamwork skills among team members and business partners
* Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and takes ownership to accomplish tasks, solve problems and produce results in a timely and accurate manner
* Experience with IBM Sterling transmission products (Connect:Direct, Secure+, File Agent, IBM Control Center, etc.)
* Experience with Unix / Linux / Windows scripting, Perl language, Bladelogic, Citrix, Apache ServiceMix
* Experience with z/OS MVS JCL (Job Control Language)
* Automation tools: Bladelogic, Ansible, etc.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunity's employer.
Please email me